Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feelings

Dear Argenta,
I think that I have feelings for my friend.  I mean he is exactly what I am looking for, I think.  He is cute, charming, sweet, and makes me feel super amazing when I am with him.  All my friends love him too.  This is huge for me.  He is just an amazing person and I would love to date him.  I can tell him everything and anything, so I don’t want to mess it up.  I think he might like me but I am not sure.  I am such a mess about it and really wish I could know.  Tell me what I should do!

Dear Feelings,
Querido, I am gonna assume that your friend is single.  If not, then you need to leave it alone. First, I want you to take a step back and breath. Querido, are you absolutely certain that you want to take the relationship to another level?  If you do not, you run the risk of losing a friend if this is just a fling.
You can always start with a little harmless flirting and see if he is flirting with you too, remembering that there's no such thing as a 100% definite sign.  I NEVER recommend getting drunk (for obvious reasons) and going on about how you've always loved them and how you should get married (where it is legal) and adopting foreign born children together. This is quite likely to make them run away screaming, even if they liked you in the first place.
Mi mamá  used to say “Hija recuerdo, Quien no llora, no mama”.  This loosely translates to “he who does not cry, will not nurse”.  You have to be brave and tell them that you like him “more-than-friends”. Let him know there's no pressure and if he says 'no' then you still want to be buen amigos. Be prepared for them to say “Gurl, you crazy and I love you as a friend, that’s all”, but always hope for the best.
If he says no, be nice, no matter how disappointed you feel. You may have built things up in your own head and they just don’t feel the same way. Try to check your disappointment and jealousy and still be buen amigos. Keep him as a friend, especially if he is as good of a friend as you say he is.  Nothing better than having someone to  talk to, maybe one day you will look back and laugh about it.  Like mama used to tell me “there are mucho fishes in the oceans”.  Put yourself back out on the market and snag you a sexy Papi! 
Well that is all I have to say about it. Un ambrazo fuerte y un beso con amor.
Gracias Querido for Asking Argenta.

No comments:

Post a Comment