Monday, August 29, 2011

I Do Not Hook Up


Dear Argenta,

I am looking for something to do on campus, other than hookup…what would you recommend?

Dear Kelly Clarkson,

Querido, that is a GREAT question! There is a TON of stuff to do on campuses across the nation. I can only assume that you are speaking of Indiana University in Bloomington.

Let me think about what I did when I was in college…okay, let me think about what my friends did in college. Papi, there are ton of great organizations; it really just depends on what you want to do or how committed you want to be. There are fraternities, clubs, sports, Illumenate!

I am going to shamelessly plug Illumenate for a second. If you are looking to meet new people and get involved with your community, Illumenate is a great place to start. Join Illumenate Core Group and help plan events and build your community.

Otherwise there are some great LGBT Organizations as well. For more information on those you can talk to Carol or Doug at the GLBT Student Support Services on campus. (Tell ‘em Argenta sent you…it won’t get you anywhere, but at least they will know who sent you).

Here is a list of LGBT groups that I know about:

GLBT SSS

SAGE

Out

Sigma Phi Beta

Click any of those links and you will find some group to start off with.

Also, IU hosts a student involvement fair every year at the IMU. Check that…stop by the Illumenate Booth and say “Hello” (tell ‘em Argenta sent you…again, not really gonna get you anywhere, but they may smile)

Well, that is what I have to say about it. So, I am going to send you un beso grande y un abrazo fuerte!

Gracias Querido for Asking Argenta!

No comments:

Post a Comment